BACK COUNTRY CUISINE - EMERGENCY BUCKET
Back Country Cuisine - Emergency Preparedness Bucket
Back Country Cuisine meals are easy to prepare and great tasting because of the features of the Freeze Dri process. This combines quick-to-hydrate, freeze-dried vegetables and meats with sauce mixes that have been processed to retain their natural flavours. The result is delicious meals that can be prepared in the pack in 10 minutes with the addition of boiling water.
Back Country Cuisine uses nitrogen-flushing & heavy-duty foil laminate pouches to keep the food safe and flavour-some without the need for preservatives. The safekeeping of your food is taken a step further by adding another layer of security placing these single serving pouches into compact, 18L sealed buckets. The buckets keep out dust, moisture, rodents, insects, light and preventing damage to pouches thus assuring your food supply is not compromised during storage.
Back Country Cuisine provides a 3 year best before on all pouches, please refer to individual packets for specific dates. Recent testing has shown that the meals are safe to eat well beyond 6 years provided they are kept cool and dry.
The square buckets are very easy to stack and store. If you are placed in an emergency situation these buckets can also serve several other purposes, such as water collection, digging, carrying tools and more.
In the freeze drying process, crystals of frozen ice in the food are sublimed (evaporated) to water vapour in a vacuum chamber. The result is a completely dry product that does not shrink during the drying process. When prepared for eating, the water quickly gets into the pores left by the ice crystals to give a juicy, tender food product.
After packing, the food is heat-sealed in foil pouches from which all the air has been removed and replaced with nitrogen gas. This keeps the food safe and full of flavour for at least three years without the need for preservatives.
Back Country Cuisine meals are formulated to meet the high energy needs for the outdoor community. There is a careful balance of carbohydrates and sugars for instant energy, protein to replenish exhausted muscles and oils and fat to provide an energy store (oils and fats are kept within the recommended maximum of 30% of total energy)
Meal preparation doesn't get any easier than this. Just add hot water or cook gently. Dine in style with Roast Lamb and Vegetables, Beef Teriyaki or Spaghetti Bolognaise, to name just a few. Back country Cuisine Food is great for long trips or lightweight adventures.
- Gluten Free options available,
- Just add boiling water to prepare / re-hydrate meals,
- No pots or pans required - rehydrate in the foil bag,
- Zip-lock bag seals in flavour while re-hydrating,
- Tear-off foil bag converts package into convenient "bowl" for serving,
- Emergency Kit meal options include;
- Breakfast (single serves): Cooked Breakfast x 2, Yoghurt & Muesli x 2, Porridge Supreme x 2
- Lunch (single serves): Beef & Pasta HotPot x 1, Classic Beef Curry x 1, Cottage Pie x 1, Lamb Fettucine x 1, Roast Lamb & Vegetables x 1, Chicken Tikka Masala x 1
- Dinner (single serves): Honey Soy Chicken x 1, Vegetarian Stir-Fry x 1, Creamy Carbonara x 1, Roast Chicken x 1, Sweet and Sour Lamb x 1, Spaghetti Bolognaise x 1
- No peanuts used in any BackCountry Freeze Dri meals.
- BPA Free Packaging,
- Light-weight and suitable for long-term storage
- Some meals may contain Almonds and/or Cashew nuts.
- Made in New Zealand from local and imported ingredients.
- Pack Size: 270mm x 270mm x 340mm x 24 x 3cm
- Weight: 2.99Kg
- # Meals Included: 18 Single Serve pouches
Ingredients and Allergen information:
Back Country Cuisine takes pride in setting high standards of Quality and Food Hygiene. The company is licenced to the highest export standards and conducts regular testing on its products to ensure they meet strict standards. Learn more about Back Country Cuisine here on our blog.