BACK COUNTRY CUISINE - MEXICAN CHICKEN
Back Country Cuisine - Mexican Chicken
Back Country Cuisine meals are easy to prepare and great tasting because of the features of the Freeze Dri process. This combines quick-to-hydrate, freeze-dried vegetables and meats with sauce mixes that have been processed to retain their natural flavours. The result is delicious meals that can be prepared in the pack in 10 minutes with the addition of boiling water.
In the freeze drying process, crystals of frozen ice in the food are sublimed (evaporated) to water vapour in a vacuum chamber. The result is a completely dry product that does not shrink during the drying process. When prepared for eating, the water quickly gets into the pores left by the ice crystals to give a juicy, tender food product.
After packing, the food is heat-sealed in foil pouches from which all the air has been removed and replaced with nitrogen gas. This keeps the food safe and full of flavour for at least three years without the need for preservatives.
Back Country Cuisine meals are formulated to meet the high energy needs for the outdoor community. There is a careful balance of carbohydrates and sugars for instant energy, protein to replenish exhausted muscles and oils and fat to provide an energy store (oils and fats are kept within the recommended maximum of 30% of total energy)
Meal preparation doesn't get any easier than this. Just add hot water or cook gently. Dine in style with Roast Lamb and Vegetables, Beef Teriyaki or Spaghetti Bolognaise, to name just a few. Back country Cuisine Food is great for long trips or lightweight adventures.
- Gluten Free options available,
- Just add boiling water to prepare / re-hydrate meals,
- No pots or pans required - rehydrate in the foil bag,
- Zip-lock bag seals in flavour while re-hydrating,
- Tear-off foil bag converts package into convenient "bowl" for serving,
- 18 Menu options available;
- Cottage Pie (GF) - A homemade mix of savoury mince and warm vegetables topped off with a potato topping.
- Cooked Breakfast (GF) - A hearty combo of smokey beef, tomato, egg and a hash brown potato mix.
- Beef Teriyaki (GF) - Eastern style dish of beef, rice and vegetables in a soy flavoured sauce.
- Spaghetti Bolognaise - Tender beef mince with tomato in a savoury sauce served on a bed of noodles.
- Beef Stroganoff (GF) - The Russian classic of beef pieces and mushrooms in a sour cream sauce, served with rice.
- Roast Chicken - Tender chicken dices, vegetable and stuffing smothered in gravy and served with mashed potato.
- Chicken Tikka Masala (GF) -Popular Indian dish with tikka chicken and almonds in a mild spicy sauce served on rice.
- Honey Soy Chicken (GF) -Sweet and spicy blend of rice, chicken and vegetables.
- Mexican Chicken (GF) - Chicken, kidney beans and corn in a medium chilli sauce with nacho chips on the side.
- Thai Chicken Curry (GF) -The distinctive Thai taste of coconut milk & curry with chicken, green beans and cashew nuts.
- Roast Lamb and Vegetables (GF) -Oven baked lamb and mint gravy with vegetables and creamy mashed potato.
- Nasi Goreng (GF) -A healthy blend of brown rice, vegetables and egg omelette in a mild Asian sauce.
- Moroccan Lamb - A tasty tagine of tender lamb, pumpkin, rasins and apple served on a bed of couscous.
- Creamy Carbonara - Vegetarian Italian style pasta meal served in a creamy Alfredo and mushroom sauce.
- Beef and Pasta Hotpot - Traditionally flavoured beef casserole accompanied by a generous serving of pasta
- Hearty Venison Casserole (GF) - A nourishing venison casserole combined vegetables and a creamy mash
- Venison Risotto (GF) - Succulent venison pieces in a rich mushroom sauce garnished with parmesan and chives.
- Apple Pie - Delicious apple slices with dried fruits and cimnnamon, topped with a shortbread crust.
- For full ingredients list, Allergen and Nutritional information refer to Backcountry Manufacturer site,
- No peanuts used in any BackCountry Freeze Dri meals.
- Some meals may contain Almonds and/or Cashew nuts.
- Made in New Zealand from local and imported ingredients.
- Pack Size: 18 x 24 x 3cm
- Weight (Dry): 175g (net weight)
- Weight (Reconstituted): 535g
Ingredients and Allergen information:
Back Country Cuisine takes pride in setting high standards of Quality and Food Hygiene. The company is licenced to the highest export standards and conducts regular testing on its products to ensure they meet strict standards. Learn more about Back Country Cuisine here on our blog.