TCS MK1 BELGIAN ARMY BIVY BAG
MK1 BELGIAN ARMY - STYLE BIVY BAG / SLEEPING BAG COVER / BEDROLL COVER / SWAG
Reproduction Belgian Armed Forces equipment, made in Australia.
Available in AUSCAM (DPCU) & NAVY
Re-designed, tested and manufactured in Australia, this Bivy Bag features exceptional design qualities, heavy-duty construction and premium materials.
The original vintage MK1 Belgian Army Bivy bags are now almost impossible to find in serviceable condition. Originally designed and manufactured by Seyntex for the Belgian Army, these Bivy bags were incredibly popular with outdoor enthusiasts and military personnel over the past 30 or so years. Incredibly light-weight the MK1 Belgian Bivy was cutting edge kit for its era. Simple design with the ability to act as a bed-roll, they are still prized possessions of recreational hikers, climbers, hunters, etc.
Highly sought after by European customers, we sold hundreds of these to both Australian and International customers but ran out of stock when we bought and sold the last pallet of surplus stock from the European warehouse.
We now offer this limited-edition listing of re-production / improved MK1 Belgian Army-style Bivys with some modern touches.
We replaced the old light-weight weather-resistant cotton & Seyntex material with modern waterproof breathable technical laminate fabric. The fabric draw-strings and ties have been replaced with heavy-duty nylon equivalent with quality barrel locks.
The new & improved Mk1 Bivy features Velcro™ tags to hold the storm flap in position and a loop to lift the material up off your face. Improvements also include full seam sealing to all internal stitching & joins to deliver a 100% waterproof unit.
Unlike the original weather-resistant version, the Improved Mk1 Bivy Is now suitable for use in all-weather types and conditions thanks to the high-tech laminate fabric and seam sealing.
- Designed & Manufactured in Australia,
- Tested and proven in the harsh Australian Outback by Australian Arms-Corps operators,
- Water proof, wind proof, breathable technical laminate fabric,
- AUSCAM - 3-ply PTFE laminated waterproof/breathable 100% Polyester Nylon Taslan 180gsm fabric.
- NAVY - 2-ply PU coated waterproof/breathable 100% Polyester Oxford 204gsm fabric.
- The bag is incredibly well made and features reinforced stitching and fittings throughout,
- Unlike many bivi bags, the complete bivy shell is made from premium material, no cheap lower panel fabric found here!
- All inner stitching and inner seams fully taped & seam sealed for 100% water proofing,
- Advanced "bathtub" design to improve performance in wet / snow conditions,
- Mummy style cut to reduce weight and increase thermal performance,
- Draw-string with Barrel Lock at chest/head to aid heat retention & keep out insects, etc.
- Velcro™ tabs to secure storm-flap in bad / wet weather,
- Storm flap can be used as improvised pillow or to keep kit/clothes dry,
- Reinforced loop attached to lift storm-flap off your face,
- Side draw-strings with barrel locks to improve weather resistance and keep bugs out,
- Can be rolled with mattress and sleeping bag inside to act as bedroll / swag,
- Generous in size and will fit any full size sleeping bags,
- Easily accommodates any full-size self-inflating sleeping mat (perfectly suited to Multimat Products available in our store),
- Machine washable in front loader machine on cool settings with mild detergent,
- Can be tumble dried on low if required,
- Spot clean stains or marks where required,
- Care and Maintenance as per any Gore-tex™ or other high-tech fabric items,
- For best results and to maintain premium technical fabric performance, we recommend you use a residue-free detergent available from our store here: Laundry Detergents
- Length: 275cm (overall),
- Length: 195cm (end to chest draw string panel)
- Width: 80cm (at shoulders),
- Width: 75cm (at waist),
- Width: 57cm (at feet),
- Weight: 900g (Navy),
- Weight: 785g (AUSCAM)
A proven design that has been globally popular for over 30 years, these New tactical Bivy Bags have been tested in some of the harshest Australian Outback conditions by Australian soldiers on field training activities. With exceptional reviews and feedback on the improved design and performance, we now offer the Improved MK1 Bivy to our customers, available exclusively from The Corps Shop
|SPECIFICATIONS||Waterproof, Breathable, vapour permeable abrasion resistant outer shell. Seam sealed inner stitching & seams.|