GERBER LMF II SURVIVAL
GERBER LMF II SURVIVAL
The LMF 2 is the latest in the tactical fixed-blade survival category by US knife & tool giant Gerber®. Designed & manufactured in Portland, Oregon USA.
Gerber has been making survival knives for the US Military since 1968. The LMF II Fixed Blade survival knife carries on the legacy of tough-as-hell fixed blade knives for combat and survival applications. With a sheath that can be mounted in a variety of ways, this knife offers reliable use whether on-duty or off.
Field tested with American troops, this 10 inch survival knife was engineered in partnership with US service personnel. This MOLLE compatible knife is rugged and versatile, with a partially serrated blade that can also serve as pommel or a spear. The sheath includes a built-in blade sharpener.
This knife is as adaptable as the service personnel who carry it. Use it to cut through the skin of a fuselage. Or sever a seat belt. Or egress through the Plexiglas of a chopper. Plus, the LMF II does a slick job cutting firewood and building shelter.
Featuring a partial serrated edge, 420HC blade with Drop Point and black ceramic coating, the LMF™ II was designed around the fundamentals of military survival training. Obtain a solid grip on the knife in all conditions with its textured rubberized handle. The over-molded handle successfully limits blistering. There is complete separation between the tang and butt cap, so the knife absorbs the shocks from hammering and prevents the shocks of electricity. The striking pommel positioned at the base of the handle functions to break through hard surfaces for effective rescue operations, and ceramic coating on the blade offers subtle use through low visual profile, as well as preventing corrosion for long life of the blade.
Smartly situated grooves and lashing holes let the LMF II convert to a spear. The low-profile sheath facilitates movement, limits noise, works for parachuting, and attaches to a belt or MOLLE vest. The patented, integrated sharpener means edge retention in the field.
The LMF modular sheath system is as important as the knife itself. The operator can mount the knife vertically on MOLLE, horizontally on a standard 1.75” / 4.5cm tactical belt, or in a traditional drop-leg belt mount fashion. The LMF II Survival knife is designed and built in Portland, Oregon.
- 420 HC Stainless Steel (High Carbon) for extra strength, anti-corrosion & wear resistance,
- Partial Serrated drop-point blade,
- All metal surfaces finished with non-reflective black ceramic coating,
- Non-slip textured handle / grip made from glass-filled nylon/rubber
- Modular sheath system offers a variety of mounting options,
- Full Tang blade with separation to glass-breaker / striker on pommel,
- Heavy-duty ballistic nylon pouch sheath components with fire-retardant coating,
- Lanyard hole and 2 x lashing hole to create a spear,
- Sheath with built-in sharpener and non-slip drop-leg straps,
- Supplied with emergency strap-cutter tool & storage pouch,
- Limited Lifetime Warranty,
- Designed & manufactured in Oregon, USA.
- Length: 269mm
- Width: 53mm
- Depth: 20mm (grip, at widest section)
- Blade shape: Drop point
- Blade length:123mm
- Weight: 688.3g (with sheath)